schmudget has moved to our new website (budgetandpolicy.org/schmudget). If you're not redirected automatically, click here.

Friday, April 3, 2009

We argued in a previous post that despite some claims, the proposed cuts to Basic Health will require disenrolling thousands of currently insured members. Steve Hill, the head of the Washington State Health Care Authority agrees that disenrollment will be necessary (see video from TV-W below). They will begin by identifying members who are eligible for Medicaid, but it is likely that many others will become uninsured.

1 comment:

elizabeth johnson said...

I was disenrolled in March from my Basic Health even though I was in the middle of having a medical condition treated. They gave me about 15 days warning that I was losing my insurance. DSHS stated they cut me off of medical because I was receiving temporary emergency unemployment insurance, and apparently, the $820 I received every month from EUC was supposed to cover private health insurance. The entire thing is a crock.